In the year 1928, a traditional temple town in Tamil Nadu by name Kumbakonam was well known for its rich heritage of artisans, artifacts and was popular for gold and silver jewellery. A resident of Kumbakonam, dynamic far sighted and a visionary the founder Sri A.V.Ramachandran Chettiar migrated to Salem with big dreams and set up his shop here.
The size of the shop was just a mere 10 feet by 10 feet. He used to sit in a shop with a double-headed Annapakshi, which was delicately engraved with pure silver by his side. This was a beautiful beetle box which is always kept by his right side. In those days with less literacy, the Annapakshi became an object to identify the shop and people used to say go to the shop.
with a double-headed Annapakshi and you will surely get good quality and good designs in jewellery.
The shop flourished and won a lots of customers for its quality conscious approach and further expanded to become a 600 square feet shop. In the year 1935, Sri AR Balakrishnana Chettiar came into the business and continued to develop and foster the trust and goodwill for the AVR family
1984 was a memorable year because his son Sri A.B.Sudarsanam Chettiar a dynamic visionary with strong business acumen and farsighted business skills expanded the shop into a modern store of 5,000 square feet. It was this store that became a milestone in the jewellery business which set unparalleled examples for the jewellery trade in Salem. It became the first store in India to be a 100 % KDM shop thereby setting new standards in the jewellery business for quality and trustworthiness.
1997 saw the emergence of the Son Sri A.B.S.Sanjjay Chettiar into the business. This shop also became a hundred percent hallmark showroom in the year 2000. In 2004 history was created and one of the biggest jewellery showrooms with 25,000 square feet was opened in Tamil Nadu at Swarnapuri in Salem with the title “AVR Swarna Mahal Jewellers.”
This was the first showroom in that area at that point in time. The shop created a new market area in Swarnapuri at Salem.
Today AVR Swarna Mahal Jewellers aims to become a benchmark for the jewellery industry by creating aspirational shopping experiences across south India that will take the brand closer to our privileged customers. We envision the development of a strong regional footprint where every consumer’s dream and desire will be fulfilled through innovative design, quality workmanship and extremely high levels of service.
AVR Swarna Mahal Jewellers is thus, a fifth generation family of jewelers who have won more than 60+ awards which include national awards for creating the finest jewellery and persistently winning the hearts of millions of customers.
- We aim to become a benchmark for the jewellery category by creating aspirational shopping experiences that will take our brand closer to our customers.
- We envision the development of a strong regional footprint where every customer’s dream and desire will be fulfilled through Innovative design, Quality workmanship and High levels of service.
- We will constantly communicate our understanding of customer aspirations and find ways in which to fulfill our promise of purity.
- We will define strict guidelines and processes for Material selection, Craftsmanship and Service delivery.
- We will also demonstrate Purity of Intention and Purpose, Reinforce innovation, Sincerity and Pro-activity in all our systems and work processes.