The AVR Group started this golden journey in a modest 10x10 sft. space is established in Salem by Sri. A.V.Ramachandran Chettiar.
The business expands to a new 600 sft. showroom.
A 5000 sft. retail destination comes up to enthral customers. It is also the first 100% KDM shop in India.
The AVR Swarna Mahal Group establishes a 25,000 sft. and 100% Hallmark landmark showroom and shopping destination in Swarnapuri, Salem.
Expansions to 16 Showrooms in 14 Locations. Kadai Veedhi-Salem, Mettur, Tharamangalam, Erode, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Hosur, Kallakurichi, Tiruvannamalai, Attur, Tirupattur, Rasipuram, Puducherry, Jayanagar & Dickenson Road - Bengaluru.
THE ANNAPAKSHI BRAND IDENTITY
Our brand identity is derived from the double headed Annapakshi, a mythological bird that resembles the body and beak of a swan while its crest and plumage is inspired by the peacock.
The bird was revered for its beauty, divinity and perfection. It is said to be so pure that it could separate water that was mixed in milk; distinguishing the truth from the false, the pure from the tainted. This symbol of purity and integrity has influenced our business ethics and values. It has also represented trust and high quality for decades.
The symbol is inspired by a carved Annapakshi silver betel box that is now a cherishedfamily heirloom. It was placed on a desk in a modest 10x10 sft. space that was established by Sri. AVR RamachandraChettiar (the founder of the AVR Group) who migrated from the artisanal centre of Kumbakonam to Salem, Tamil Nadu around 1928. Customers soon began to equate both shop and bird with purity of design and materials, trusted quality, workmanship and service. This emphasis on purity and tradition defines us even today.
Board of Directors
A.B.S Suganthi Sudarsanam
S. Soumya Sanjjay
Awards & Acknowledgements
- Chairman Sri. A.B Sudarsanam was awarded the Gem of India Award thrice in the years 2002, 2004 & 2005 and the Rotary Vocational Excellence Award 2007-08 for his philanthropic efforts.
- AVR Swarna Mahal was awarded the NJA award for "Best Jewellery Showroom in South India continuously by All India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation for its Bangalore & Puducherry Stores in Years 2013 & 2015.
- Federation of All India AryaVysyaMahasabha in recognition of Services to the Society awarded the "DHARMAPRAKASHA" National Award to our Managing Director Sri. A.B.S. Sanjjay. by Dr. Rosaiah Former Governor of Tamil Nadu - 2014.
- AVR Swarna Mahal Jewelry Private Limited has won four awards, Excellence in design - Ring, Earrings, Oddiyanam & Lifetime Achievement Award for Chairman Sri. A.B Sudarsanam at the UBM Retail Awards 2016.
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the Prestigious International Award - Globe Premium Award for craftsmanship and designs at the Globe Luxurie Decode 2017 in Dubai, UAE.
- AVR Swarna Mahal is awarded "India's Most Preferred Jeweller - UBM" in 2017
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the award for "Most Innovative ad campaign" in Delhi on 2017 by UBM
- The Vasavi International Club awarded Yuva award - 2017 to Managing Director Sri. A.B.S. Sanjjay.
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the award for "Employer of the Year 2018" at the UBM Retail Jewellers Guild Awards.
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the award for "Best Bracelet Design of the Year 2018" - IJ Awards.
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the award for "Best Silver Jewellery of the Year 2019" - UBM Retail Jewellers Guild Awards.
- AVR Swarna Mahal received the National award for "Zirconia Jewellery of the Year 2020" - NJA.